Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
What types of information do we collect and share?
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social security number and account balances
- Account transactions and credit history
- Employment data and income information
When you are no longer our customer, we may continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information, the ways in which Neighbors 1st Federal Credit Union does and does not share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Neighbors 1st FCU does share nonpublic personal information in the following three ways which cannot be limited by the consumer per federal law
- For our everyday business purposes- such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or to report to credit bureaus.
- For our marketing purposes- to offer our products and services to you
- For joint marketing with other financial companies
Neighbors 1st Federal Credit Union does not share nonpublic personal information in the following ways which can be limited by the consumer per federal law:
- For affiliates’ everyday business purposes - information about your transactions, experiences, or creditworthiness
- For affiliates to market to you
- For nonaffiliates to market to you
How does Neighbors 1st FCU protect your personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We also restrict access to nonpublic personal information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you.
How does Neighbors 1st FCU collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Open an account with us or deposit money
- Use your checking account or apply for a loan
- Use your credit card or debit card
We also collect your personal information from other entities such as credit bureaus, affiliates or other companies.
How can you help Neighbors 1st FCU to safeguard your information?
You can help by:
- Protecting all account numbers, plastic card numbers and PINs
- Use caution when disclosing any account numbers, etc
- Keep your contact information including phone, address, etc current at the credit union